Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

As most of you know my little sister Katie passed away 6 years ago in a car accident.Today woud've been her 26th birthday. This post is mostly for me.I think about her alot on her birthday.I like to keep her memory alive so my kids will know her. She was full of life and love. It's fun for me to show my kids old videos and pictures so they can see and realize she was a real person who loved and adored her family,especially nieces and nephews. Corbyn was only 9 months old when she passed away.We have some pictures of them together that is fun for him to see. My younger two do not know her and sometimes that really makes me sad. Jaycelyn asks me all the time when she will comeback. She is the only one of my kids who has memories of her. It's so sad, but as they grow and can understand we teach of our heavenly fathers plan and how we can be an eternal family someday. Today for achievements days,they had the girls right down goals and something they wish for.Jaycelyn put"that Katie could come back to life". Tear jerker!!! I tell them often that they have an angel in heaven watching over them,so be good. I miss her so much but am so grateful to have a knowledge that I will see her again someday. And every once in a while I can feel her around. Love you Katie,Happy birthday!!!

5 comments:

Janille said...

That is so sweet! It seems like just yesterday. Has it REALLY been 6 years? That is so neat that you have all of those memories to share with your kids. Katie was a LOVED girl!

Al Rae said...

I cant believe it has been this long. She was (is) such a sweetheart and I had so much fun with her!
Its great to read your thought and feeling about her. She couldnt ask for better sisters!

Kristen said...

I enjoyed this post--you are such a good mom and sister! That is nice that your kids can still share in the memories and look forward to seeing Katie! She was a lot of fun! I haven't looked at your blog for a while. Happy Birthday a month ago!! I am glad you had a good Christmas, New Years, and anniversary! I can't believe you have been married ten years!! WoW! I am sad I didn't get to talk to you at Katie and Lloyd's reception. Were you there? That day was crazy! Anyway, I am glad things are going well! I love your family picture on top!

Lorna said...

Thanks for this post. I think of Katie all the time especially in January. It is nice to hear some for your thoughts and feelings and to ponder upon my testimony of the Plan of Salvation.

Brooke said...

I too think of Katie often. She was a very special person and a wonderful friend. I feel lucky to have known her.