Saturday, February 7, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

This is my new motto. I have been so cranky lately and I needed a reality check. I have so much to be grateful for and if I focus on that my life will be much happier. I've been spending too much time focusing on what I don't have. Things like more money, a finished basement so I can get Tryna out of my bedroom, kids who are obedient and respectful etc. It really has been making me miserable cause that has been my focus. A few things have waken me up and made me realize I have much more to be happy for than not.
1.My husband still has a job that pays our bills, even if we don't have excess at the end of the month. I feel so bad for all those people who are losing jobs and wondering where the money will come from to provide for their families.
2.Shaun and I and our kids are not sick with anything major. I admire all the many women who deal with serious handicaps and illnesses of their children or are sick themselves, yet still function and run a household. I complain and I have been blessed with good health this far in my life,as well as my kids.
3. I have a faithful and loving, supportive husband and father to our children. I know of a few people who I love dearly who have had to deal with infedelity and divorce and my heart has ached for them.It has really made me appreciate Shaun and the great man that he is. I am thankful that this far that has not been one of my trials to go through.
4. I am so thankful that I am not a single mom. Kudos goes out to those amazing women who seem to handle it. Shaun has been gone these past couple of days helping his dad with the sheep and man it has been difficult. I am so grateful that his job does not entail him leaving home for days at a time. How do you women do it!!!!!!
5. I am so grateful that we have a home to shelter our children from the physical and emotional struggles out in the world.Even if my basement isn't finished.We have been so blessed. We have running water, heat, and electricity.
I am so thankful to be a member of the chirch of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. I know the purpose of this life and that I have a father in heaven who loves me and is mindful of me. And a savior who provided a way for me to repent and become better. This knowledge comforts me and gives me so much peace and happiness in my life.
Any way just some random thought I was having so I decided to jot them down.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I SOOOOOOOO needed to hear that! I think "cranky" is in the air! Thanks, I want to get better too!

Parry Family said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have been blaming my crankiness on hormones, but I know I can be better.

steph j. said...

I think all of get this way sometimes and all of us have to slow down, repent, and try our best to be better. I do the same thing and like you said, when it comes down to it, I really am grateful for all that we DO have. (the carpet and baseboards can wait!)