Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Getaway Continued......

Sorry these pictures are mostly of me, Shaun is the camera man...and since there was no one around to take them of us together...This will have to do.

Home sweet home
I kept waiting for some woodland friends..but none appeared.
Our mode of transportation along with luggage pulled from behind.
Deep snow...gorgeous view!!!

Our first night inside the "cozy cottage"
Yes,that is a wood burning stove!!!!

Second night. Trying to get warm.

My love, cookin up some dinner by an oil lamp.
It was actually really dark right now
and we had 3 oil lamps for light. Ahhh how romantic LOL!!!
My "manly man" gathering wood for the stove.

My first hunting experience...
too bad we didn't get to shoot at anything

3 comments:

Janille said...

I THINK THAT IS SO SWEET! I will have to give credit to Shaun! Maybe he needs to talk to Mike because that would be a DREAM getaway for me! That is how I remember growing up! You are a GOOD SPORT!

p.s. did you see any mice?

Marva said...

Yes Janille,We did find a gus gus as I say.It was dead though so we threw it out.
If Mike ever decides to take you...bring some coal.You'll stay warmer.LOL

Parry Family said...

Marva, I think I would have reacted the very same way you did. But, in the end it is one you will never forget and cherish forever. That totally seems like something JD would do. I always try to figure out what he has planned but it is always something that would never ever cross my mind. I am glad you got to have that experience. The pictures look really nice and cozy. Happy Anniversary.