Shaun and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary.Woohoo!!! We were married Jan 9, 1999 in the Manti temple. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. Our lives have changed so much these past 10 years. I am more happy now than I was then, and I would marry him again in an instant.
We had planned to go on a big vacation..but situations did not permit,so I told him to at least get me away from reality for a weekend. He did the planning and kept it a secret from me until the day we were to leave. I needed to know what to pack. He told me to pack warm. I felt a sting of disappointment, I really wanted to go somewhere a little warm. Then he told me were taking the kids to Fairview for our family to watch.They are all so awesome for doing that,by the way. After that he let me know we wouldn't be far from the kids. I thought I had it figured out.We were going to stay at the Anderson cabin.I was ok with that, but Iwas wrong again. He informed me that we would have no running water or electricity.Then I guessed correctly.We were going to the Anderson Homestead that was built almost 100 years ago. SO... I did what any women would have done..I cried!!! This was NOT my idea of a getaway. Shaun got a little upset cause he had gone through alot of planning and he was actually excited. I guess I am just a high maintenace brat. So after a couple of hours I pulled my self together. I had to change my mind set from luxury to a wilderness survival retreat, then I was ok. I looked at it as an adventure. After we got out there and settled in it actually wasn't so bad. It was peaceful with no distractions. We had never done anything like this before. Just us and nature. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other again. Remembering why we love each other and that we do still have a lot of the same interests. It was like dating all over again. He took me on my first coyote hunting experience something he enjoys doing, but I usually stay home with kids. We spent an afternoon just driving around on the snowmobile admiring the beauty of nature, and playing on some hills. We realized that even though it was peaceful and, that was great don't get me wrong, we are so grateful for our kids. Without them life would be boring. Our kids bring color into our lives. We also realized how important it is to spend time together. Life gets so crazy and busy that sometimes we forget to or are just too exhausted, but it's so healthy for our relationship for us to be reminded of who we are outside of our responsibilities as mother and father. So although it wasn't what I had anticipated, it was sweet and refreshing. However next time I think it's my turn!!!!LOL
12 years ago






2 comments:
Oh I love it Marva! Im glad you had fun, we need times like this together! Sometimes we forget! But tell Shawn, he owes you big time!:)
I think I might have cried too! You are a brave woman and I hope you had fun. Happy Anniversary! We are only 1 year ahead of you! Hope we go somewhere warmer than you. LOL!
Post a Comment