I took Tryna to her 9 month check up last week(even though she is 11 months oopsi) and she has barely doubled her birth weight. She weighs a woppin 15.5 lbs she is 1% on her weight,and about 50% on her height. Most my kids have been skinny babies but she has broken the record. I feel like a horrible mom, like maybe I don't feed her enough. The pediatrician said to not skimp on calories. Lots of cream cheese, cheese, ice cream, yogurt pudding etc. Man any womans dream diet! So I have been trying to follow Dr orders and Tryna just gobles it up. so now I'm really feeling guilty like she has been starving. But she is healthy and doing very well other than that, so for that I am very grateful. She is also teething and breaking 5 teeth. No lie, all at once. 4 top ones and her third one on the bottom. She is also getting over a sinus infection, so I have been keeping her on teething tablets and motrin. I think that is what the majority of my kids have done. They generally get the bottom 2at 6 months and then nothing til about 12 months and then a mouthful. But at least that way it gets over faster.Fun times!!!
This past week Tryna has decided or rather insist that she can feed her self.So now in order to get her to eat I have to use 2 spoons. One for me and one for her and together we accomplish mealtime. It's so cute.She's so proud when she is able to get some food into her mouth,and surprising enough, she does well most of the time.



I'm sure we all have these pictures of our kids sacked out in their high chairs but it was Tryna's first. She was so dog tired that day,and I had left her in the high chair with Shaun while I went outside to round up kids and came back to Tryna in bed and Shuan showing me these cute pictures.
2 comments:
She is getting big! (still small, but big). She is so cute! I love the feeding themselves stage! Looking back on it, I think that is when my kitchen was the cleanest. Because I would have to scrub the whole thing down after every meal.
PS I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!
I just got the same thing from my pediatrician about Kev. Maybe it's in their genes to be tall and skinny! However, I am jealous of that diet! What a lucky girl!
Post a Comment