Thursday, August 28, 2008

Toothfairy Busted

Funny Story. Jaycelyn has really gotten into mystery books. The childrens A to Z mysteries series is her favorite. So she is like little miss detective. Which was fine until yesterday.... She lost another tooth the other night.I think that she has pulled out everyone of her teeth by herself. Which is good cause it grosses me out.
She started drilling me about if the toothfairy is real. and I, thinking I'm so wise, say "Well if you stop believing in the tooth fairy it stops coming." The conversation drops and she puts a note in a baggie with her tooth and sticks it under her pillow. Well I was up late that night and totally spaced it. It was sunday night so Mon morning she comes in disapointed and tells me the toothfairy didn't come..I was thinking crap!!!So I respond with "well maybe the toothfairy doesn't come on Sundays." seemingly content with that off to school she goes. The next night same thing..up late and I forgot. At this point I feel like a total looser but said "well maybe she is really busy." So she goes to bed again and then...yup forgot again, but this time I woke up before the kids...or so I thought, and took care of the toothfairy. Being ever so careful. I chuckled as I read the note she left cause she said" I have $18 and would like to have $27. I'm thinking yea right like I'm gunna give her $9 for a tooth,it's not golden! Anyway I stuck it in the back corner of my closet and got them up for school. She comes into my room and shows me her money and then asks "where's my note?" I reply the tooth fairy must've kept it. Corbyn pipes in and says "nut uh when I wrote the tooth fairy she wrote me back" I'm thinkin shoosh kid,geez! So I hurried them on their way so they wouldn't miss the bus. Then last night the questioning began again. She was determined to figure it out. "She says is dad the toothfairy?" I said "No" She starts laughing and says "yeah right" I saw him this morning take the bag and then he didn't put it back where it was." I couldn't hold back the smile. She laughs and says,"I knew it!" I said very truthfully "Dad is not the toothfairy" So she runs in and asks Shaun and he confirms it. So she is determined to prove she's right and goes on a hunt for the tooth, which I threw in the garbage and knew she wouldn't find, but I forgot about the note, which she found in my closet. She runs in and holds it up and says,"oh yea what's this" At this point Shaun and I started laughing and fessed up. She says "I can't believe you are the tooth fairy!" And gives the advise that you shouldn't have the toothfiry come in the morning when kids are waking up. It's funny but I have to agree.(smarty pants) Then I had the talk about not telling her younger brother or sister so it will still be fun for them. I can't believe at 8 years old she knows about the toothfairy. Now it will be like a business transaction, she gives me a tooth I give her money, maybe!She used her knowledge like a weapon last night though, She got mad at me for making her come in to get ready for bed and says"fine toothfairy". Man oh man am I in for it. I hope the other things stay a surprise for her for a litle longer.I was pretty bummed. It takes the fun out of parenting when kids start discovering those mysteries. Luckily Corbyn and Layni were not around during all this, and I hope Jaycelyn keeps it to herself. But I worry cause kids like to share big things like that. Well she solved her first real big mystery. What are we in for now!!!

5 comments:

Al Rae said...

LOLOLOL!!!!
That is sooo funny!!!

Kristen said...

Hey Marva!
I loved the story! We were both laughing as I read it out loud! I loved the note about how much money she had and how much she wanted. Ha ha!

Tiff said...

That is so funny - oh well

Donny and Camie said...

that is so funny...i forget all the time!!! I can't tell you howmany mornings I've snuck into the gils' room, sliding my hand under their pillow, making the exchange, and giving them a big hug if they start to wake up...LOL!! Too Funny!

Stephanie said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! Your cute family!!! How did you do your background? Is it one of those scrap booking sites? SOOOO CUTE!!!