Friday, September 12, 2008

My Parents Have Returned

My parents have returned from serving a mission for the past 2 years in the Philippines,Manilla mission. They arrived home Tues.Sept 9 at 9:30pm. A few of us met them at the airport with a few tears of joy when we saw and hugged. Then back to my house for a little get together. It was so great to visit with them and be able to give them hugs. I missed them soo much and I am so proud of their example in sacraficing 2 years of time with their kids and grandkids to serve the Lord. They left when my baby sister was out on her mission with 6 months to go.So they haven't seen her for 3 1/2 years. It will be a sweet reunion. Welcome home Mom and Dad.We love you!!









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet I want to cry! Tell them welcome home!

Kristen said...

That's awesome! I didn't even know they went on a mission! The Phillipines? Wow! Where did your sister go? What great examples!

Robyn said...

That is so fun! I bet you are siked!

ciara said...

That is so neat!!! I bet it was so good to see them. I actually saw your dad at Tysons football game. That is neat that they are back.!!
I was going to ask you, the picture on the top of your blog, who took it? And was'nt it a different color before? I really like it:)

Rob & Autum said...

Hi Anderson Family! I don't know if you remember who I am, but I am Brittanie Kellett's little sister. I came across your blog a little bit ago and love to look at it once in a while (I hope you don't care.) I remember when your oldest little girl was just a tiny baby! Time goes so fast! Your kids are SO CUTE!!

Kristen said...

MARVA! Where are you? I miss you! Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Jessica said...

Marva-Hey! I just found your blog through a few links of everyone else! It is fun to see pictures of your family-your new little girl is so cute! You will have to check out our blog-jessicasjoys.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!