Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School

Man summer came and went in a hurry. I remember the first couple of weeks thinking"this is gunna be a long Summer". My kids started off complaining and fighting due to boredom,but that changed fast. We seemed constantly busy with reunions,summer festivities and getting some swimming in when we could. Next thing I know It's time for school shopping, and now they are off. I have mixed emotions about it all.I really enjoyed coming and going when we wanted and freedom to play together as a family more often,but I also enjoy having a set routine again,and bedtime at a desent hour. Now it's just me,and my sidekicks Layni and Tryna all day,and come Sept. Laynie will be in pre-school twice a week. Jaycelyn is so excited that she is not the new girl this year and already has friends,plus she got a great teacher, so I really hope she enjoys this year. Corbyn is just excited to eat lunch in the big cafeteria and be done with naps!Geez I just can't beleive how quickly each year seems to pass, and how fast they are leaving my side.I suppose it's my task now, to give them wings that they can soar with.

Jaycelyn and Corbyn so excited for their first day of school


There goes my babies

6 comments:

ciara said...

Your kids are super cute!!! Gotta love the first day of school! I had fun hanging out with you the other day! It was fun to get to know you better! Thanks again!!

Al Rae said...

I did get the pictures! Thanks so much!
Another baby already!!?? Brave woman!! ;)

Tiff said...

It's just to crazy that summer is already over! I guess it's time for real life that's how I look at it!

Kristie said...

I feel the same way, sad to see summer go, but SO glad to be back to a normal routine! It's so fun to see your family! So cute!!!

Dad said...

Thank you Marva and Shaun for such an awesome family we love you and this blogg see ya soon love Dad

Donny and Camie said...

AH...school!!! It is a wonderful thing! They look so cute...groing up too fast!...ummm...what does al mean by that comment??? Baby???