We have tried to make it a tradition that the first Monday of every month for family night we decorate the Christmas tree with fun music to kick off the season. My sweet Jaycelyn made sure that still was the case this year. I don't know,but for some reason I am really struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I feel so bad for my kids cause they look forward to it so much. Corbyn came home from school and said"mom, my favorite month is December". So for them I hope I can pull it together and get outside of myself. I really hope as a parent I can teach my children why december IS the best month. The world changes... if only for a few weeks. It just is such an example of how serving and selflessness really does bring the spirit into our lives. "If every day could be Christmas what a wonderful world it would be!" I love that line in that Christmas song. So Hopefully I can remeber that when I am out in the crazy holiday traffic and shopping centers when I usually have to start counting to myself so as to not explode on the many grinches I encounter. I have to remeber that holiday shopping can bring out the worst in people and they really are probably good people. Any way we did have fun tonight. Watching my kids locate all of their ornaments and fight over where to put them on the tree really helped me as I saw the excitement through my children's eyes!
12 years ago






2 comments:
I think being a mom now, and being in charge of so much more is were I tend to lose the Christmas spirit too. I have a friend down here who just did away with the "Santa" thing this year. I am tempted!
But your right, kids are such an example! They are the JOY of Christmas!
YOUR TREE IS SO PRETTY!
Janille
Your tree looks great! What a fun dessert tradition. How long has Corbyn had celiac D? They think my little boy has food allergies so I have had to be off practically every food for about 8 months now.
I LOVE your Christmas music on your blog. It really gets me in the Christmas spirit. It is coming way too fast this year.
Post a Comment