Friday, May 9, 2008

A BIG Accident!

She seemed to smile throughit all. the nurses and doctors couldn't believe how happy and content she was. They all fell in love with her. What a Trooper!!!!!!!!!1


Daddy Felt so bad and just wanted to hold and cuddle her.



So I was at Albertson's trying to stock up on their $1 deals Wednsday night and I left Shaun at home with Tryna and Corbyn. About 10 min after I got there I got a call from Shaun telling me to get home cause Tryna was hurt. So I left my cart and took off. When I got home Shaun is holding a very pale and hurt little baby. He was playing ball downstairs in our basement with Corbyn while he was holding Tryna, being such a good dad, when he slipped and tried to catch Tryna landing on his elbow, and her head hitting the cement floor. I took Tryna from him and realized we needed to get her to the hospital especially after she started throwing up. When we got tothe ER at UtahValley they did a cat scan on her head and came back and told me that she had a pretty large fracture across the back of her head and up the side a little ways. So because of the size of it they wanted to admit her to the hospital over night for observation and then do another cat scan in the morning.
So I got to stay overnight with her and was worried sick, getting very little sleep while she seemed happy as ever to have some new toys. We had the cat skan the next morning and everything was pretty much the same no swelling or bleeding in the brain, so they let me go home, thank goodness,and told me to watch her,but that it should heal up on it's own in a couple of weeks. Needless to say Shaun felt Awful and we were all pretty conserned, but i think she will be okay. What a blessing that it wasn't worse. I'm sure she had some special angels watching over her. So here are a few pictures of our hospital experience.


She was being so tolerable,but there were times when i think she was pleading Please get me out of here.






They had all the monitors taped to her foot,but all she seemed to care about were the cords,and toys.










The Baseball size lump on the back of her head.OUCH!!!

















9 comments:

Robyn said...

Marva, how scary, I'm so glad she is ok, poor shaun he was probably sick! How funny she was so happy, that is why there kids I guess!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That is scary! I'm so glad everything is okay. Give Shaun a hug too. I'm sure he could use it!

Dad said...

We are so glad she is ok. thanks for the pics. Shaun, accidents happen, we are thankful for you and your being such a wonderful husband to our daughter, and father to our grandkids, we love you all Mom and Dad Worley

Tiff said...

Lance told me about this and I have been sick ever since! I can honestly see that happening and it just makes you sick - Khloee fell off the bed the other night and was screaming I just felt sick inside but I can say that she is NOT sleeping in our bed anymore! I am glad she is o.k. she is adorable!

Robyn said...

ok, marva im a idiot, I lost your email so Im sending this info to you this way, hope this works..www.hatsandflowers.com and her email is chic-and-unique.hotmail.com and her name is Joy, let me know if you got this!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

I found your blog through robyn's, that is so scary about cute little tryna!!! I am so glad she is o.k. !!!

Tange said...

Those pics were so cute of Tryna! She looks like such a trooper in the hospital pics. The ones of the kids were all really cute too. Love you Guys!

Angee said...

I had that happen to me when I was a kid. I fell off the high dive backwards on to my head and landed on the cement. The back of my head was mush for about 2 months. I sort of turned out o.k. I am so sorry. It is so scary.

Janille said...

Marva, I was going through my baby book this morning and came across this cute thing my mom wrote and thought I would share it.

On May 31, 1981 (Sunday) my mom writes, “Janille graduated form babyhood to a toddler today! (16 months old) She has been steady on her feet for such a long while but for all the coaxing and encouraging she would never attempt to walk. During Sacrament meeting today she got playing with Shawn Anderson and just walked across the isle to him. We couldn’t even cheer. She’s as big as all the rest of the kids now and tries to keep up with them.

So you will have to thank Shawn for finally helping me. 16 months old. How sad is that? Both my girls were walking by 10 months.

Anyway I thought is was cute. Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Janille